Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Party time!

It was a dark and stormy night.

Ok.  It wasn't stormy.  But it was dark.  And rainy. It was a night most suited for a movie and a pizza at home.  With a bottle of red wine. 

But Rachel and I were on our way to do a Sugarware Party at a hair salon in East Baltimore.  We found the address and trotted up the stairs to the salon. Looking a bit, I fear, like Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd.  We're about a foot different in height.  But no one pointed and stared.  Or called me Abe.  Which is good.

The women hosting the party greeted us at the door.  We set up the toys.  We hung out.  We watched the Housewives of Orange County marathon.  And agreed that the only housewife we like on the Housewives of ATL is Kandi.

Yep.  I watch the housewives shows.

And I'm not ashamed.

Really.

Besides, apparently, I'm not alone.  

Throughout our housewives discussion more party guests were trickling in.  Soon, the housewives were off and the party was on.

It was fabulous.  A room full of smart women with good questions,  a willingness to ask for answers and the freedom to laugh at both.

By the end of the party, I'd learned a few things.  Women were sharing notes about their bodies.  Rachel chimed in with some great info.  And we taught some folks how to use a dental dam.

All in all, a good evening.

I am so grateful for the customers that remind me why we're here.

Want to book a party of your own?  Shoot us an email! jacq@sugartheshop.com

No comments: